The division aims to reduce the incidence of vaccine-preventable disease in Sutherland Shire by assisting practices to provide optimal immunisation services.
The May 2007 Quarterly data from the ACIR indicates that 90.8% of children aged under 7 years residing in Sutherland Shire were fully immunised for their age.
- Provision of information on vaccines and government vaccination programs
- Education and training for GPs and practice nurses
- Assistance with reporting information to the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)
- Assistance with understanding ACIR reports and feedback
- Promotion of General Practice Immunisation Incentive (GPII) scheme
- Assistance with appropriate storage of vaccines
- Monitor immunisation coverage rates
For complete list of immunisation resources go to the Resource Centre or go to the following links:
Resources for GPs
Resources for your patients or consumers